Monday, June 20, 2011

Dear NEO family,


Greetings in the strong name of Jesus. I hope the Dads who are reading this had a wonderful Father’s Day yesterday. I had a super week leading up to Father’s Day as my three children, two son-in-laws and my two granddaughters were at my house for a “staycation”. My kids are a blessing to me and make being a Father a delight.

My 22 year old son did not give me the kind of Father’s Day present that Gerry McIlroy received from his 22 year old son! That's okay, David, I wouldn't trade you for Rory. Didn’t Rory play unbelievable golf at the U.S. Open! I loved the scene after the final hole when father, Gerry, looked upon his son with a big, on-going smile and then father and son embraced. As I watched it, I thought of my partners in ministry in NEO who are serving God so faithfully! I pictured our Father smiling at you with pride and joy and embracing you, telling you how much He loves you. He really does delight in you. I hope you sense him singing over you today and showering you with words of love and affirmation.

Yesterday Gloria and I had the privilege of being with the wonderful people of Point of Grace Church and Pastor Gerald and Lou Burch. God is blessing the church. I reminded the Coweta church that we are not independent churches. The NEO District is made up of 50 interdependent local churches, organized to facilitate the mission of each local church though mutual support, the sharing of resources and collaboration. You demonstrated that again with your special love offering to help the five churches who had not met their giving goals for the Pensions and Benefits. With the District match, we will be sending in almost $9000 this week to help these five churches with their P & B giving goals this year. As of this writing, we have money for all but one church to fully reach their goal this year. That is the power of a TEAM – together everyone accomplishes more!

Summer camps are coming soon:
Kids Kamp at Sky Ranch, July 14 - 17
Camp Catylyst (Youth) at Camp Bond, July 22 - 25

Prayer Concerns/updates:
  • Margie Granger (retired song evangelist) has passed away. Her funeral was on Saturday in Silver Springs, Texas
  • Christy Thornton had surgery last Tuesday and is now recovering well at home.
  • David Stevens has had one surgery to repair a detached retina. An additional tear has been discovered and a new surgery to repair it is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21 at St. Johns.
  • J.J. James has accepted a call to pastor the Temple, Texas First Church of the Nazarene. J.J. and Heather’s last Sunday at Claremore will be on July 31, 2011.
  • Kim Powers (Talhequah) had Carpal Tunnel surgery last week. Kim is doing well, but frustrated trying to do everything with her left hand!
Hope you have a great week! You are loved!
Dave McKellips

No comments: